Friday 22 April 2016

Earth Day

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, 
nothing is going to get better, it's not"
- The Lorax

Our learners (and educators) absolutely LOVE outdoor learning, we love being outside and enjoying nature. This naturally leads into a love of our Earth. 

Noticing some spring changes.
Observing the trees.


We found this little guy.

This Earth Day we celebrated by representing our beautiful Earth in many different ways. We continued to build our knowledge about garbage, the 3 R's (reduce, reuse and recycle) and ways we can help protect the Earth we love so much. 

We set up two provocations for the students to share their ideas about the Earth.














We asked why they love the Earth:


"I love the Earth because there is people. I love the tree because the tree makes good air. I also love the people because the people clean the Earth. So that's why I love the Earth"- I.L.


"I love all the people." - E.Bu.


"I love the Earth because there are my friends."- E.B


"I love the Earth because I like the trees. Because it has a lovely smell."- L.R.

These beautiful paintings inspired our collaborative art piece. 

Working hard to draw the Earth.

Painting the Earth.

Our learners then created themselves to add to our artwork. Everyone signed a promise that says "we promise to take care of the Earth". We are going to always do our best to take care of and respect our Earth.
Our classroom door shows everyone walking by that we care about the Earth.



Admiring their hard work :)
Happy Earth Day everyone, we hope you all get out and enjoy our beautiful world! Do what you can to protect its beauty.



 "Unless we are willing to encourage our children to reconnect with and appreciate the natural world, we can't expect them to help protect and care for it."
- David Suzuki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.