Tuesday 14 October 2014

Observing Leaves

We have been observing leaves with all of our senses! The students have been drawing and writing about the leaves they found. We wanted to encourage them to see all the details in the leaves, so the students drew half a leaf, to create a full one.



 I wonder why leaves have veins?


I wonder why leaves fall and change colours.






I wonder why a leaf falls.
The students have been wondering about all aspects of fall: leaves, temperature and pumpkins! We will continue to inquire about fall over the next few weeks.

We have created a sensory bin to encourage more fall inquiries. Students have been sorting, counting, measuring, comparing and just having a lot of fun!




1 comment:

  1. M says: I like fall. I like al the leaves in this blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.